i love trying new diets and one that i have done every now and again is a one-week vegetarian (or vegan) diet!
i began this one-week diet today. for breakfast, i had an amazing berry-beet smoothie!
here’s the recipe:
- 1/4-1/2 cup chopped beets
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup beet juice
- 1 cup vanilla soy milk
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp. marshmallow cream (optional)
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- boil beets in liquid (you can buy canned, which already have juice!)
- in blender or mixer, add vanilla soy milk (or other milk of your choice)
- add in the blueberries (if you buy canned with juice, add some of the juice!)
- add desired amount of beets + beet juice
- add walnuts and marshmallow cream (if desired!)
- blend well, pour into cup, and top coconut flakes!
- you now have 2-4 servings of the smoothie based on the amount you serve!
this smoothie is good for the blood because of the beets and a great anti-oxidant because of the blueberries. the marshmallow cream is not healthy by any means, but was used to thicken a little more. you can use a substitute or not at all!